Division of Academic Affairs
Professional Licensure and Certification
NOTICE: PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.
The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).
The following undergraduate programs have California licensure and certification requirements:
- Deaf Studies, Deaf Studies Option, B.A.
- Deaf Studies, Interpreting Option, B.A.
- Natural Science, B.A.
- Geology, B.S.
- Kinesiology, B.S.
- Kinesiology, Physcial Education Option, B.S.
- Nursing, B.S.
- Nursing, R.N.-B.S.
- Recreation Administration, Recreation Therapy Emphasis, B.S.
The following graduate programs have California licensure and certification requirements:
- Applied Behavioral Analysis, M.A.
- Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, M.S.
- Deaf Education, MA
- Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling, M.S.
- Nursing, MSN
- Speech Language Pathology, M.A.
- School Psychology, Ed.S.
- Social Work, M.S.W.
- Teaching and Service Credentials
- D.N.P., Nursing
- DPT, Physical Therapy