DISCOVERe Mobile Technology Program
The Fresno State DISCOVERe program, under the Office of IDEAS (Innovation and Digital Excellence for Academic Success), is a priority initiative designed to foster a learning environment that is inclusive and engages students to improve their success in the classroom. DISCOVERe has been effective in breaking down the digital divide and reducing equity gaps by providing students who enroll in DISCOVERe courses with access to the latest technology tools and devices at no additional cost.
Course sections will be offered as mobile device only courses. These DISCOVERe courses
have been redesigned to offer students an enhanced learning experience. The mobile
devices will offer students portability, convenience, and teaching materials anywhere
anytime. When registering for classes, these courses will be denoted as a "DISCOVERe
No-cost or low-cost options for high-speed internet access are listed below for your consideration:
- Find out if you are eligible for FREE internet from Xfinity.
- The San Joaquin Valley Library System provides free, public wifi. Find your nearest location here.
- Starbucks provides free, public wifi to all. No purchase necessary.
- Resource for Broadband Internet based on zip code
- Under the direction of the Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED), the Fresno State Connect Initiative provides outreach to the community, and promotes awareness of programs that can provide low-cost internet services. Students are encouraged to call 855.456.9995 for additional information.
- AT&T is offering low-cost wireline home internet service to qualifying households.
- Comcast has provided up to 60 days of complimentary high-speed internet access and for $9.99 a month thereafter.
- T-Mobile is providing wireless devices and service plans for K-12 students in eligible schools through the EmpowerED 2.0 Program.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - Lifeline is the FCC's program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service, broadband Internet access service, or voice-broadband bundled service purchased from participating providers.
DISCOVERe is currently offering hotspots to students enrolled in 9+ units of fully online courses. To request a hotspot, please fill out the appropriate form below. You will receive more information via email after completion of the request form. There could be a 48-72 hour delay in a response to your request.
Students, check out these links for using Zoom: