DISCOVERe Mobile Technology Program
Frequently Asked Questions
When using the Class Search:
- Login to my.fresnostate.edu with your Fresno State username and password.
- Select Student Self Service
- Search for Classes
- Click Additional Search Criteria > Course Attribute > Select DISCOVERe Class > Search
- Choose the desired course.
- A Pop-Up screen will appear with specific information about the program and an acknowledgement check box.
Alternatively, the full DISCOVERe Class List can be viewed here
Yes. Students can use a personally-owned device as long as it meets the minimum specifications.
- Bring Your Own Device Requirements
If you are enrolled in a DISCOVERe course for the Fall 2021 semester, you are able to apply for a loaner device that can be checked out for the semester, free of charge.
Students, Faculty and Staff on campus are eligible for education pricing of Apple products which we sell in the Kennel Bookstore. This discount ranges from $30 to $200 off retail pricing of specific devices.
The mobile device loaner program is only lending out the following tablet model:
- Apple iPad Air 2 - 64GB Wifi Only
Loaner devices will be available one to two weeks before the Fall semester begins. Students enrolled in a DISCOVERe class should receive an email regarding device pick-ups.
Yes. Fresno State's DISCOVERe mobile device program supports platforms for Apple, Android, and Windows devices. Refer to Minimum Device Specifications.
Not all classes will have eTextbooks. The Kennel Bookstore will have eTextbooks available if the instructor has requested and the publisher can provide an eTextbook option.
The apps you will be asked to purchase are, in some cases, considered textbook replacements and will vary in price. The apps selected for classroom use will vary upon the academic department and the instructor.
The information on this website is available in alternate formats. Please call our office at 559.278.3052 to make your request.