Division of Research and Graduate Studies
A limited number of CR-graded courses (one-fifth of the total program units) may apply toward a graduate degree program. “CR/NC graded only” coursework is identified in the on-line California State University "General Catalog".
- A maximum of 6 CR-graded units may be included on a 30-unit program.
- A maximum of 12 CR-graded units may be included on a 60-unit program.
- Some programs do not allow any CR-graded courses to be counted toward the degree.
- All courses must be completed prior to the final day of the semester or term when a student expects to graduate.
- “I’s”, “RP’s”, and “RD’s” are types of incomplete grades.
Students pursuing a graduate degree may repeat a course; however, grade substitution is not allowed.
- If transfer work is listed on the petition, the following is required: Course description and graduate degree program description demonstrating that the course could have been used toward the graduate degree at the other institution; the course numbering and grading systems; information clarifying whether the institution used the semester or quarter system; and one official transcript of transfer work (on file in the Office of Admissions and Recruitment at Fresno State).
- A maximum of 9 transfer units (including California State University, Fresno Extension and/or Open University) may apply toward a 30-unit program.
- A maximum of 6 (one-fifth of the total program units) independent study (190 or 290) units may be approved for use toward a 30-unit graduate degree.