Division of Academic Affairs
Accreditation Review Center
California State University, Fresno is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission (formerly known as WASC).
The central purpose of WSCUC Accreditation is "to assure its stakeholders that a WASC-accredited institution has been rigorously evaluated and that it meets or exceeds the criteria required to maintain accreditation".
The re-accreditation process involves several specific steps, which culminate with a site visit. After the site visit, the review team submits a team report. The report may include commendations and recommendations for further action.
Fresno State has developed and implemented Institutional Learning Outcomes.
- Accreditation Tips
- Internal Accreditation Review Process
- Proposed Process - Timeline to Prepare Prior to External Review
- Helpful Links
Mission: To encourage continuous institutional improvement that assures the University is demonstrating excellence in higher accreditation by exceeding accreditation standards.
Vision: To be the University's one-stop shop for accreditation support, accountability, and success.
Fresno State WASC Subcommittees
There are three subcommittees charged with specific tasks:
- Core Competency Subcommittee - The Core Competency Subcommittee will seek to establish standards of performance and methods of assessment for the written communication competency as well as develop plans for assessing the remaining four core competencies.
- Meaning, Quality, and Integrity of the Degree Subcommittee - This subcommittee will explore the meaning, quality and integrity of a Fresno State degree using multiple frameworks, including AAC&Us LEAP outcomes, the Degree Qualifications Profile from Lumina, as well as the Institutional Learning Outcomes adopted by other universities within the CSU. The subcommittee is committed to broad consultation with the campus community as well as the Academic Senate as we seek to articulate the meaning of our degrees.
- Communication Subcommittee - The scope of this subcommittee is to design and implement a website for the purpose of being transparent; communicating to the campus and the community; self-study, findings, responses; showcasing data on core competencies; serving as a central clearinghouse of accreditation information.