Division of Academic Affairs
PROVOST AWARDS GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
Each academic year the Provost establishes a Provost Awards Committee. The committee is composed of the following representatives:
- Two previous Provost Awards recipients nominated by the Academic Senate
- One student selected by the Associate Students Incorporated
- The Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs
- One Department Chair selected by the Provost
- One Dean selected by the Council of Deans
- Administrative Assistant/Office of the Provost
Any faculty member, administrator, staff or student may nominate any current, full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member for the Excellence in Teaching Award, Faculty Service Award, Distinguished Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Accomplishment Award, and the Innovation Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current, full-time tenure-track faculty for the Promising New Faculty Award.
Any faculty member, administrator, staff, or student may nominate any current lecturer for the Outstanding Lecturer Award.
Only one nomination per nominee is accepted.
Each nomination submission will consist of the following:
1. General nominee information (name, rank, etc.)
2. Category of nomination (Innovation, Faculty Service, etc.)
3. General Nominator information
4. Nomination letter signed by nominator (no more than two single-spaced pages).
5. Nominee's narrative and summary of his/her strengths in light of the criteria for the particular award. Please be very specific and limit the narrative to no more than two single-spaced pages.
6. Nominee's current CV
7. Additional relevant information (optional) not to exceed three pages.
Deadline to submit nominations is 5:00 p.m., Monday, March 21, 2022. All nominations submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Click here to access the google form and submit nominations.
Faculty members receiving these awards will be honored at a reception hosted by the Provost on May 12, 2022 from 3-5 p.m.
The recipient of the Provost Award for Excellence in Teaching will be asked to give a presentation in the Provost Awards Lecture Series during the fall 2022 semester. All other recipients will be asked to give a presentation either during the fall 2022 or spring 2023 semesters.
These awards are based upon superior performance in each category, and only current full-time, tenured, tenure-track faculty and current lecturers at California State University, Fresno are eligible. More information and criteria for each category can be found at /provosts-awards/award-guidelines/award-categories/index.html. There is no requirement that every category be awarded each year. Previous recipients are not barred from consideration during any subsequent year for a different award.
FUNDING THE PROVOST AWARDS
Funding for the awards and administration of the program is provided through non-state dollars.