Division of Academic Affairs
This award honors faculty who have implemented outstanding innovative teaching approaches shown to increase student learning and success. It also recognizes innovation in production techniques, and groundbreaking processes in a global marketplace. The award is also designed to encourage the dissemination of these approaches to colleagues. The faculty member selected will have a demonstrable record of innovation in the use of two or three pedagogical approaches, teaching methods, course design, curriculum development, assessment methods, and/or the use of tools or technologies that have had a significant impact on learning. Eligible nominees will be full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty. (A stipend of $3,000 accompanies this award.) The following criteria will be used:
- Scholarship of teaching and learning: The nominee discovers and further develops ideas, research, tools, and techniques
that foster learning.
- Curricular change: Innovation in the use of technology, pedagogy, resource development, etc. is demonstrated
in curricular development.
- Course design: Scholarship, teaching resources, and technologies, are used in innovative ways to
engage students in acquisition of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Achievement: Innovative assessment provides evidence that the application of the ideas, tools,
and techniques support diverse student learners, student readiness, and improved learning,
as well as produces advancement in pioneering production and other groundbreaking
- Sharing: The nominee mentors faculty, shares innovations with others, and acts as a role model for creating and sustaining a culture that integrates theory and practice.