Division of Academic Affairs
Fresno State is committed to providing encouragement and incentives in support of outstanding teaching achievements by full-time lecturers. To this end, the Provost instituted the Outstanding Lecturer Award in 2016 to honor a lecturer for excellence in teaching effectiveness and service to the Fresno State campus community. (A stipend of $3,000 accompanies this award.) All lecturers with one or more years of teaching at Fresno State are eligible to receive the Outstanding Lecturer Award provided they are teaching in the year of the award application. The following criteria will be used:
- Teaching Effectiveness: The principal criterion for receiving this award shall be a sustained record of
outstanding teaching across multiple terms as evidenced by:
- Summaries of student evaluations and sample comments from students.
- Active participation in curriculum development or improvement, assessment, pedagogical improvement, innovation, or integration of high impact practices into teaching.
- Peer observations of teaching.
- Service: Engaging in service to the campus and/or contributions beyond classroom teaching
that benefits students. Examples may include: involving students in research, scholarship
or creative activities; conducting extra-curricular activities with students, leading
field trips, advising student clubs or organizations, and mentoring/advising students.
- Currency: Nominees should be current with developments and findings in their field and in the use of effective pedagogy.