Academic Student Employees (U11)
- For full salary schedule see CSU Salary Schedule Page.
For Teaching Associates and Graduate Assistants, the Monthly amount listed is a base rate for full-time (40 hours per week.) Students are limited to 20 hours per week maximum. To determine monthly salary, multiply the base rate listed by the FTE (full-time equivalent). Teaching Associates are compensated 6 paychecks per semester, Graduate Assistants-AY are compensated 5 paychecks per semester.
Salary Schedule for Academic Student Employees
Salary Schedule effective January 1, 2022
|Classification Title||Class||Period||Estimated Minimum||Maximum|
|Instructional Student Assistant
- On Campus Work Study
- Off Campus
- Off Campus Work Study
|Graduate Assistant-Monthly pay monthly as assigned||2325||Monthly||$3,051||$5,437|
|Graduate Assistant-Academic Year pay over semester 5 months||2355||Monthly||$2,905||$3,921|
|Teaching Associate -AY Range 1* 6 pay months||2354||Monthly||$2,905||$6,803|
|Teaching Associate -12m* pay monthly as assigned||2353||Monthly||$3,279||$7,810|
|Teaching Associate -Summer Term*||2324||Monthly||$2,905||$11,793|
|Teaching Associate - Substitute||2453||Hourly||$18.92||$85.78|
* Salaries shown are for Level 1 or Master's students.
** Please contact Faculty Affairs before scheduling or appointing a Substitute Teaching Associate.
- 1/1/2022 19.7% to the salary range minimums for TA and GA.
- ISA minimum to $16.00/hour; max to $21.42/hour
- 7/1/2021 2% GSI for TA, GA, and ISA classifications, no changes to the minimum salary schedule.
- 1/1/2021 Minimum Salary Increase
- 1/1/2020 Minimum Wage Increase and $.50 for ISA
- 7/1/2019 3% GSI or $.50 for ISA
- 7/1/2018 3% GSI or $.25 for ISA
- 7/1/2017 2% GSI or $.25 for ISA
- 7/1/2016 2% GSI or $.25 for ISA