Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Faculty Affairs

Leave and Absences 

Please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs for consultation regarding Professional or Personal Leaves and impact of other leaves at:

Faculty should contact the Human Resources Benefits Office for consultation regarding Medical leaves and impact of other leaves on health benefits and retirement at:

Forms and Policies

Professional Leaves

  • Sabbatical (APM 360, Article 27)
  • Difference in Pay (APM 360, Article 28)
  • Professional Leave without Pay (APM 361, Article 22)

 Personal Leaves

  • Personal Leave of Absence without Pay (APM 361, Article 22)

Medical Leaves

  • CSU Family Medical Leave (FML - Article 22)
  • Parental Leave (Article 23)
  • Leave sharing (Article 23)
  • Reduction in workload (Article 23)

Accrued Leaves

  • Personal Holiday (Article 33)
  • Sick Leave (Article 24)
  • Vacation for 12 month faculty assignments only (Article 34)

Other Leaves

  • Bereavement Leave (Article 23)
  • Jury Duty (Article 23)
  • Absence as a Witness (Article 23)
  • Emergency Leave (Article 23)
  • Military Leave (Article 23)

Substitute Procedures and Forms

  • You may need a substitute to cover a short period while faculty is on a personal leave.

If it becomes necessary to hire someone new to replace an employee on leave, New Hire paperwork is required.

  • New Hire paperwork is required if an employee has a short work break (anything short of 12 months, or two semesters).

Payroll Forms and other Required Employment Paperwork

  • Links to forms completed by new or returning employees
  • Employment Brochures (Workers Compensation, FMLA, etc.)

Volunteer Appointments

  • You may have an individual to volunteer to cover assigned classes, this form is required for non-faculty volunteers.

See Also

CSU Total Compensation Calculator


Professional Enrichment

Campus Links