Frequently Asked Questions related to COVID-19
CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy October 2021
04/07/2020 Faculty COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Protocol for access to Campus and Campus services during Fall 2020
- Fall 2020 - Protocol for faculty access to campus Fall 2020
- Fall 2020 Daily Screening Questionnaire: Click here
- Fall 2020 Daily Checkpoint areas: Click here
- Spring 2020 Link to Faculty access to campus guide
- Paycheck Pickup Link to Communication April 20, 2020
- Parking Permit Purchasing Link to Traffic Operations for Staff &Faculty
Faculty Leave Options and Information
- 8/16/2020 Faculty leave options for Fall 2020 for school and daycare closures
- 07/31/2020 Faculty - Initiate request form for FFCRA Parental Leave due to School/Daycare closure when unable to work
- 06/05/2020 CSU-CFA MOU - Reduction in Workload, Lecturer Entitlements, etc.
- Reduction in Workload Request form - send via DocuSign.
- 05/05/2020 Faculty COVID-19 Leave Options Memo
- 04/24/2020 Faculty COVID-19 CPAL Leave
Academic Student Employee (U11/UAW) CPAL Leave
Faculty Evaluations, Probationary Plans, and Extension of Probationary
- Letter from Marsha Baum - Evaluation Process (4/6/2020)
- Peer Evaluations Spring 2020
- Extension of Probationary Period COVID-19 related
Summer 2020 Training
Quick Access to other COVID-19 Campus information:
- About Faculty Affairs for email addresses and Zoom office hours
- Campus related information regarding COVID-19
- Campus communications
- Student Resources
- "How to Successfully Work Remotely" (Employees) Empthia
- Bring the Fresno Zoo to you
What's New in 2020-2021
Second Year for Chair School
Third Year for Lecturer Appreciation - went virtual during 2021
Faculty Affairs Adds to Virtual Support for Faculty and Staff
- Each day will have 1 to 1 1/2 hours Click here for times each day.
- Times for each day are posted on our Google Calendar - Here
- Created a YouTube Channel for training videos.
Interfolio Implementation for All Reviews
- All RTP reviews
- Sabbatical and DIP applications
- Lecturer Range Elevation and 3-year reviews
- Emeritus Recommendations
- Training for committee review levels both on the process and on Interfolio.
- Added training videos on Faculty Affairs YouTube channel
Temporary Faculty Appointments all Online
- Using Order of Assignment Spreadsheet using and sharing with Departments in Box and Docusign
- New Payroll Intake and Onboarding process
- More frequent email communication with new temporary faculty, including 1st paycheck information and how to get "paper check" mailed.
- Created Nomination Form for appointing new temporary faculty via DocuSign.
- Setup onboarding steps for new faculty and ASE's to initiate connection and provide information.
- Began the training and planning for integration of Tracker I-9 and Accurate Background with the new on-boarding process
Recruiting System moves to the 21st Century
- We are using a new recruiting system that improves the overall experience
- Candidates will find it much easier to use and navigate
- Committees can communicate and evaluate directly in the system
- Documents can be shared for easier approval processes
- Using Box to open job requests for departments for all temporary academic employments (Lecturers, Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants)
- Individualized new application process for the Learning Center in CHRS Recruiting (PageUp)
- Individualized TA Reference Form for the English Department in CHRS Recruiting (PageUp)
- Requested and supported adding MyCalPERs and Cal Employee Connect links from the Fresno State Portal. This will make it easier for faculty to access both payroll information and benefits information.
- Academic Affairs Only: Established a Google Form for the Payroll Certification to communicate, review, and resolve payroll issues timely and efficiently.
- Faculty Only: Established a Google sheet with Cashiers to eliminate the requirement for a piece of paper to purchase a parking pass.
- Leadership role on the System-Wide Accessibility for PageUp committee.
- Created a shared file with Cashiers for authorizing parking permits. We plan on continuing this real-time approval once we repopulate the campus.
- Processed over 2500 Docusign forms in a 12 month period (June 2020 - May 2021)