New and Returning Employment Paperwork
Payroll and Application
- Please consider using eRecruit for all applicant materials.
- Tenure Track candidates see jobs.fresnostate.edu for vacancy announcements (opens in new window)
- Faculty Employment Application (SC1) (see temporary faculty for forms and instructions)
- Unit 11-Academic Student Employees: Teaching Associate, Graduate Assistant, and Instructional Student Assistant Employment Application - check with department for any internal application.
New and Returning Employment Paperwork
To complete the new employment process - bring your original Social Security Card for SCO verification and documents required for the Employment Eligibility Verification form (possible documents are listed on the I-9 form #7 below). If you have questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Affairs at 559-278-3027. If you are out of the area and unable to bring in your documents please click here for further instructions.
- New Employees: Complete items 1-14. New faculty will be sent a link to complete all required forms.
- Returning Employees: Complete items 1,4,5, 6,9, 10a, 10b, 11, 12, and 13 Returning faculty will be sent a link to complete all required forms.
- Forms and Brochures pertaining to employment and benefits.
- For pay dates click here
- Instructions to complete the I-9 if you live outside of Fresno, Madera or Tulare Counties (PDF)
|#||Form Name and link||Purpose||Owner||Form ID|
|1||Designation of Persons Authorized to Receive Warrants||
All new employees and any employee requesting a change (GC 12479)
|State Controller||STD 243 (REV. 8/2011)|
|2||Oath of Allegiance & Declaration of Permission to Work||All new employees||State of California: Department of Human Resources||Form 689 (REV. 2/2014)|
|3||Drug Free Workplace||All new employees||Fresno State||---|
|4||Employee Action Request Form (EAR)||All new employees and changes in Name/Address/Withholding||State Controller||Form 686 (REV. 3/2018)|
|5||I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification||All new employees and employees with 3 semesters break in service. (If using this link, download the document on your desktop, then open Acrobat, then browse for the document and open the document)||USCIS||Form I-9|
|6||Direct Deposit Form||New employees and changes to direct deposit||State Controller||Form 699 (REV. 12/2011)|
|7||Request for Nondisclosure of Employee Home Address||All new employees, or employees wanting home address not be disclosed pursuant to Government Code Section 6254.3||State of California||STD 677 (REV. 5/2018)|
|8||CalPERS Member Reciprocal Self-Certification Form||All new hires or newly eligible CalPERS members. To assist the employer in determining whether you are considered a new member or a classic member under PEPRA.||CalPERS||PERS-EAMD-801 (06/2018)|
|9||Statement Concerning Employment not covered by Social Security||Who needs to sign this statement:
- - student employees exempt from paying social security taxes;
- - if you are exempt from paying social security taxes due to non-resident alien tax status; or
- - if you are a Lecturer who participates in a defined contribution plan in lieu of Social Security.
|10||Fresno State - HR/Benefits Retirement Formula Assignment Worksheet||All new hires or newly eligible CalPERS members. To determine which CalPERS Benefits Formula you will be enrolled in.||Fresno State||09/2013|
|11||Voluntary Self-Identification Forms||all three forms||---||---|
|a||Employee Information regarding race and national origin||All new employees (voluntary form)||CSU||July 2010 (rev. 1/2019)|
|b||Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability||All employees. Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are asking you to voluntarily tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability.||CSU||03/2014|
|c||Veteran Status Self- Identification||All New Employees||CSU||03/2014|
|#||Information and online brochures||Purpose||Owner||Form ID|
|*2a||Questions and Answers||A website that addresses common questions about the Oath of Allegiance||CSU||---|
|*3a||Questions and Answers||A website that addresses common questions regarding Drug Free Workplace||CSU||---|
|*3b||Drug Free Workplace Brochure||All employees||Human Resources||MAPP G-15|
|*4a||Federal Form W-4||For calculating Federal withholding||IRS||W4 2019|
|*4b||California DE-4||For calculating California State withholdings||CA.EDD||DE 4 Rev. 47 (12-18)|
|*9a||PST Fact Sheet for Temporary Employees not enrolled in CalPERS retirement||State of California Savings Plus Program - Part-time, Seasonal, Temporary (PST) Retirement
Plan Information and Refund process.
Benefit Payment Booklet
|B||Employee Rights and Responsibilities under Family Medical Leave Act||All employees||WHD||Pub 1420|
|D||Workers Compensation||All employees-Required Posting by Human Resources||State of California: Department of Industrial Relations||DWC 7 (1/1/2016)|
|E||Privacy Notice (HIPPA)||All employees||CSU||HR2011-07|
|G||Campus Map||University Comm.||2010|
|H||Sexual Harassment Brochure||All employees||DFEH||DFEH-185