Temporary Faculty - Lecturers
"Temporary faculty employee" is any faculty unit employee who is serving in a temporary faculty appointment for a specified period of time, whether full-time or part-time. The classification most assigned is a Lecturer position (see APM 306 under "Policies").
Policies and Resources
Procedures for Temporary Faculty job announcements in CHRS Recruiting (under construction)
- OFA ToolKit (for Chairs and DAAs)
- Job Request and Job postings
- Hiring a New Temporary Faculty - New Temporary Faculty Appointment Nomination Form (submit via Google Form)
- Salary Schedule (opens in New Window to Faculty Affairs>Current/Prospective Faculty>Salary Schedules>Lecturers)
- Pay Calendars (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
- Pay Schedule: AY Lecturers are salaried positions and receive six pay warrants for each semester assignment.
Other Pay related resources:
- Full-Time Temporary Faculty Additional Unit (16th unit) (Instructions in OFA ToolKit, template in Adobe Sign)
- Range Elevation (opens link under Salary Programs)
- Benefits Information:
- Temporary Faculty Benefits Eligibility Information (PDF) (revised Oct 2017)
- Benefits (opens in New Window to Payroll website)
Temporary Faculty are subject to evaluations. Please review APM 306 and pertinent department policies.
Link to submit interest to return (in progress)