Office of IDEAS
Teaching a HyFlex Course
The HyFlex Teaching and Learning Program offers faculty the opportunity to participate in the Flexible Course Institute, redesign their course and syllabus to include flexibility, and extend the learning and collaboration through a semester long Faculty Learning Community.
The focus of the Institute is to explore ways to increase flexibility in your course by focusing on managing multiple technology platforms, different modalities at the same time. Faculty will be given resources to plan and design equivalent learning experiences for students in the classroom and students in the virtual world.
The institute includes modules and micro-lessons designed for faculty who want to increase flexibility for students. All of the activities are designed to help you add flexibility to your course experiences.
- Participate in the HyFlex Institute consisting of 4 modules which include:
- (Re)Designing HyFlex Courses
- Assessing Learning in HyFlex Courses
- Facilitating & Managing Engagement in HyFlex Courses
- Managing Instructional Materials & Resources for HyFlex Courses
- Attend 4 synchronous sessions
- Revise syllabus with HyFlex in mind and share what has been changed in your class based on participating in the Institute
- Participate in HyFlex Teaching Demo Day to prepare to teach HyFlex in Fall 2022
- Participate in the Fall 2022 Faculty Learning Community