Office of Institutional Effectiveness
SOAPs (Student Outcomes Assessment Plan)
Direct measures of student performance are those assessments that students complete during their progress through a program. These may be embedded into a course, administered at key points, or as part of a culminating experience. There should be a direct relationship between the program objectives, content of the assessment, and assessment techniques.
Course embedded measures of student progress may be used for program evaluation in addition to individual progress reports for grading or other purposes. These assessments are usually scored by the faculty teaching the course using an agreed upon rubric to assure uniformity of the evaluations. Data are summarized for groups of students and used to make judgements about attainment of program goals and objectives.
- CSU Chancellor's Office Dashboard
- CSU Department of Analytic Studies Data
- National Higher Education Data
- Elementary and Secondary Education Data
- California Demographic and Education Pipeline Trends
- Regional/Local Data & Reports
- Assessment Help